Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'm dead in the water,
A silhouette turning over
I'll wait for you here

And I keep forgetting
where I'm meant to be
Oh so far,
yet
oh so near

So tell me,
Just what are these gifts that you bring?
This life is amazing
but the colors keep changing

And I'm sure
we shouldn't be wasting away
My rotting history
will find its place

So don't go
So cold

I'll not be afraid
It's taken this long
to come back again
And yes, I might suffer
the fate of another
The shit and the bones
and all things considered,
I walked with my hands held out

And I'm sure
we shouldn't be wasting away

Living backwards
I'm living backwards
I'm living backwards
I'm living backwards
I'm living backwards
I'm living backwards

2 comments:

  1. I'll give you my heart, I'll give you my soul
    I'll give you all that I've ever been
    And all that I've touched, that's ever touched me
    The flesh and the bones of my memories

    And if you love me you'd destroy me
    If you love me you'd destroy me

    I'll give you my words in poetry
    In sonnet form, a sonnet for thee
    Cause roses are red, and violets are blue
    And lavender's green with envy of you

    And if you love me you'd destroy me
    If you love me you'd destroy me

    I'll give you my life to wreck
    My hopes to crush
    My tender sanity
    I'll give you my heart to break
    My hand to brush
    Away so callously

    And if you love me you'd destroy me
    If you love me you'd destroy me

    I'll give the secrets that no one else knows
    Stripping my soul as I strip off my clothes
    I'll whisper my sorrows in your ear
    I'll give you my blood, my sweat and my tears

    And if you love me you'd destroy me
    If you love me you'd destroy me

    I'll give you my heart, I'll give you my soul
    I'll give you all that I'll ever be
    And all that I'll touch, that'll ever touch me
    The flesh and the bones of my destiny

    And if you love me you'll destroy me
    And if you love me you'll destroy me
    And if you love me you'd destroy me
    And if you love me you'd destroy me

    ReplyDelete
  2. and God said:
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

    <3 i love you- happy birthday, blogger

    ReplyDelete