Friday, June 29, 2012

Dashed

Years ago, I went on a date in D.C., to meet a girl I didn’t really know.  I waited outside the metro station for 3-4 hours, trying to call her from a payphone to see if I was wasting my time, getting strange looks from the people around me for just standing there for so long.  It was a depressing event.  I’m pretty sure the same kind of thing just happened to my roommate.  If only he’d listen to me when I say that being over-enthusiastic when trying to date random women is a complete waste of time.  He was all geared up for starting a romantic relationship, and I kept telling him it was pointless.  But he did what he always does and says that I don’t know what I’m talking about.  But, I’m always right in the end.  If I was a pompous asshole, I’d feel good about that.  But I don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment